Rural Evidence and Learning for Water (REAL Water)
Water testing at Kabarole, Uganda. Credits: The Aquaya Institute.
Description of the Project
REAL-Water is an implementation research program dedicated to three important and interrelated aspects of rural water supply development: Water Provider Performance, Water Safety, and Water Resources. The initiative is supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and it aims to develop and evaluate strategies for expanding access to safe, equitable, and sustainable rural water services.
Skat Foundation, through the Rural Water Supply Network, is member of this consortium and has the main role of facilitating the stakeholder engagement at global level and in the countries and plays the role of knowledge broker.
Panelist at the World Water Week session entitled: Driving rural water innovation: from concept to scale-up. Credits: (RWSN Secretariat, 2023)
Project Period: 2021 – 2026
Name of Staff involved and functions performed:
Sean Furey, RWSN Director
Aline Okello Network Manager
Daniela Marko, Communications Intern
Rena Salzmann, Junior Programm Officer
Andrea Güpfert, Head of Administration and Finances
Bertha Camacho, Senior Knowledge Management Specialist.
Skat Foundation is responsible for the following activities:
- Facilitating Global Engagement through awareness raising activities; face-to-face events, conferences and online communication; and relationship management with global stakeholders.
- Facilitating regional and local engagement among researchers and decision-makers in Ghana, India, Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda and making connections with headquarters counter-parts of global organisations.
- Quarterly newsletters sharing REAL Water Updates
- Research-to-Action Online Group
- RWSN Blogs on Water safety and rural water service delivery
- Financial innovations Report
- Session at the World Water Week, August 2022 entitled: “Uncovering the value of WASH research through partnership.”
- Session at the IRC All Systems Connect Symposium, May 2023 entitled “Broadening the definition of “resilience.”
- Session at the World Water Week, August 2023 entitled: “Driving rural water innovation: from concept to scale-up”
Knowledge and research:
- Collaboration on the research for technical reports.
REAL Water Session at the IRC All Systems Connect Symposium. The Hague, the Netherlands, May 2023.