Rural Water Supply Network (RWSN)
Since 2002, Skat Foundation hosts the Secretariat of the Rural Water Supply Network (RWSN)
The Rural Water Supply Network (RWSN) is a global network of more than 14,000 individuals (professionals and practitioners of rural water supply) and 100 member organisations committed to improving access to a sustainable and reliable water supply in rural areas around the world. Skat Foundation host the RWSN Secretariat and offers their support in activities related to networking, fundraising and advocacy to the RWSN.
RWSN has the following strategic objectives:
- Network growth: Include as many rural water supply (i) professionals and (ii) organisations as possible, and with increased membership from under-represented regions (Latin America & Caribbean, and Asia)
- Knowledge-Sharing and Networking: Improve access to high quality knowledge for rural water supply sector professionals and organisations, and sharing of knowledge between rural water supply sector professionals and organisations, to advance on strategic issues to the sector.
- Engaging Women and Young Professionals: empower women and young professional in rural water supply by undertaking community building activities (Dgroups), knowledge sharing, and capacity building such as mentorship programmes and different online and live events.
- Embedding good policies and practices: increase the availability of training and capacity-building for rural water sector professionals and organisations in form of online and in person training courses, workshops, e-discussion events, guidelines, and other thematic documents/ policies that might contribute to the implementation of rural water supply strategies.
- RWSN Theme: Leave No One Behind
- RWSN Theme: Data 4 Action (formerly Mapping & Monitoring)
- RWSN Theme: Self-Supply
- RWSN Theme: Sustainable Groundwater Development
- RWSN Theme: Sustainable Services
- RWSN Theme: Multiple Use of water Services (MUS)
- RWSN en français
- RWSN en América Latina y el Caribe
- RWSN em Português