Skat Foundation is a Swiss NPO headquartered in St. Gallen, Switzerland, with colleagues based in Latin America, Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. We envision a world where individuals and organisations can learn and act in collaborative ways to eradicate poverty and contribute to the development of sustainable, diverse, and inclusive societies. We enable our partners to learn from each other and to find solutions to the challenges triggered by poverty and climate change by focusing our work on three interconnected sectors: Water, Renewable Energy and Waste Management. We have extensive experience in supporting our partners to find and adapt human-centered technological solutions that respond to their specific needs and context. We strengthen the capacities of our partners by developing and facilitating on-line and in-person courses, trainings, knowledge sharing workshops and events and through the development and uptake of knowledge product.
At Skat Foundation, we are embarking on a new international communications and resource mobilisation strategy and seek to hire an intern, who will support our team. This is an exciting entry-level opportunity for young professionals, who want to learn and contribute to the growth of a non-profit organisation. The intern will be involved in supporting our resource mobilisation team in building and strengthening existing relationships to leading international philanthropy and NGO actors chiefly in the sectors of water, renewable energy and waste management. Skat Foundation is a small and dynamic organisation with 5 staff based in St. Gallen, and a wide network of consultants and advisors across the globe. The intern will be working closely with the entire team and leadership.
We are looking for an Intern in Communications and Resource Mobilisation.
- Daily management of Skat Foundation public relations, including social media channels and website, and support in the promotion of Skat Foundation’s activities and events.
- Collection and revision of blog posts and project entries from project partners in English (Spanish and French an asset).
- Support in the organisation and moderation of online meetings, workshops and webinars in English and Spanish (French is an asset).
- Help implement the international Skat Foundation fundraising roadmap.
- Conduct prospect research and prepare donor profiles.
- Assist in drafting proposals and briefings for donors in German and English.
- Database management and data entry.
- Support the preparation of meetings, coordinate follow-ups, and assist with marketing actions with donors.
- Review social media channels (Twitter and LinkedIn) of donors and stakeholders daily, documenting and sharing key findings.
- Support the team in all fundraising-related actions such as events, side events at conferences, or the organisation of webinars.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in (applied) research and data management.
- Microsoft Office. Experiences with databases is a plus.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree, preferably in communications and marketing, environment, development, international relations, economics, or social sciences.
- International experience and knowledge of international development issues is a plus.
- A high degree of positive costumer service attitude is a big plus. No previous fundraising experience is required. Training will be provided.
- Strong communication and networking abilities in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and to deliver results on time.
- Fluency in English, German and Spanish. French language skills are a plus.
We offer you fair employment conditions and:
- a pleasant, dynamic and international team culture
- opportunities for training and further education
- a centrally located and attractive workplace right next to the St. Gallen railway station
Please send your CV and a cover letter (1 page maximum), including 2 references, to email@example.com, by August 15, 2022.