New publication alert
The publication “Achievements and Lessons Learned in the Implementation of Groundwater Regulation in Zambia” is now out. Available in both English and French languages, the publication comprises:
- An overview of Zambia’s country context regarding water resources and water use
- A summary of the National Water Policy (2010) and Water Resources Management Act (2011)
- A description of the three new Statutory Instrumentals (SIs)
- An examination of the compliance to and enforcement of regulations
- Reflections by the authors and recommendations
- Key lessons learned
You can download the publication in English or French here.
Authors: Kerstin Danert, Dotun Adekile, Murtaza Malik, Levy Museteka and Douglas Abuuru
Publisher: Water Resources Management Authority of Zambia (WARMA)
Supporters: UNICEF Zambia supported the study that led to this publication, which was done as part of a Programme Collaboration Agreement between UNICEF and Skat Foundation. Editing and translation costs by the RWSN Secretariat were supported by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).