New publication on groundwater regulation in Zambia
New publication alert
The publication “Achievements and Lessons Learned in the Implementation of Groundwater Regulation in Zambia” is now out. Available in both English and French languages, the publication comprises:
- An overview of Zambia’s country context regarding water resources and water use
- A summary of the National Water Policy (2010) and Water Resources Management Act (2011)
- A description of the three new Statutory Instrumentals (SIs)
- An examination of the compliance to and enforcement of regulations
- Reflections by the authors and recommendations
- Key lessons learned
You can download the publication in English or French here.
Authors: Kerstin Danert, Dotun Adekile, Murtaza Malik, Levy Museteka and Douglas Abuuru
Publisher: Water Resources Management Authority of Zambia (WARMA)
Supporters: UNICEF Zambia supported the study that led to this publication, which was done as part of a Programme Collaboration Agreement between UNICEF and Skat Foundation. Editing and translation costs by the RWSN Secretariat were supported by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).