RWSN at the 9th World Water Forum
The 9th World Water Forum starts today.
The event will address the topic of water security for peace and development, and will take place in Dakar, Senegal, from March 21-26. The RWSN – Rural Water Supply Network, which is hosted by Skat Foundation, is co-convening two sessions of the forum:
- Professionalising Rural Water Services (Tuesday, 22 March, 10:45)
- State of Rural WASH in Africa Report – Key findings (Wednesday, 23 March, 10:00)
The World Water Forum, which takes place every 3 years, is the largest water event globally. It plays an important role in the sector, by bringing together stakeholders from multiple areas (governments, multilateral institutions, academia, civil society, private sector etc.) and by providing a platform for exchange and collaboration.
The “Dakar 2022” Forum will focus on 4 priorities, namely:
- Water Security and Sanition
- Water for rural development
- Means and Tools including the crucial issues of financing, governance, knowledge management and innovation; four axes that constitute priorities for Africa, but also for the world as a whole.
More information on the Forum, including agenda and programme, can be found here.