CapNet training on Professional Drilling Management: register now!
The International Capacity Development Network for Sustainable Water Management (Cap-Net), is offering a free online course on how to professionally manage water well drilling projects and programmes. The course will be self-paced and take place from June 24 to October 29, 2022.
The training is aimed at participants from low- and middle-income countries, who already engage in drilling management projects or expect to undertake work in this field within 1-3 years. In total, 250 participants will be admitted. Registration and selection criteria can be found here.
The course will be divided in 5 modules.
- Groundwater data and siting
- Procurement and contract management of borehole drilling
- Borehole drilling and supervision
- Legal and institutional considerations
- Actions to raise drilling professionalism
- Dr. Kerstin Danert – Water Specialist, Researcher and Facilitator, Ask for Water GmbH, St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Dr. Moustapha Diene – Hydrogeologist and Senior Assistant Professor, University Cheikh Anta Diop, Dakar, Senegal
This course is supported by the Rural Water Supply Network hosted by Skat Foundation, through the co-funding of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.